Type here to search...

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Blog Trez: 16 days later


As week three begins I already question where time has gone. Time passes by so fast as each night leads to the next morning.  I still find it hard to come to realize sometimes where I truly am and the process of how I got to where I am today.  My placement has become my new lifestyle as I am slowly adjusting to the social norms and values of what Brazil has to offer.  The hospitality amongst the people I have encountered has been amazing, from friendly greetings and rides back home after a late evening, has been muchly appreciated.
            The camera has been unpackaged and used finally. Pictures can be seen on my facebook profile, yet more are to be come throughout the week, My disposable camera has almost been used up entirely, therefore when I eventually land back on Canadian soil those will be printed up. Due to a sudden illness upon my professor of Portuguese and miscommunication amongst students, I was able to play the tourist role this week. 2 days off of my busy learning/meeting schedules had allowed me to come to my senses and break out my camera. Portuguese has slowly been catching onto my vocabulary and the more I am around fluent individuals, the ability of understanding has slowly become more possible, Yet Portuguese is a speedy language to try to break down slowly and pronounce. But with hard determination and precise listening, words are beginning to make sense and sentence structure is becoming visible.
            I have managed to visit several bar scenes in Brazil, and I am still amazed at the majority of people present at each establishment. Everywhere is compacted with people and partying. 3 am is seen as 10pm in Canada, the drinks flow all night with no stoppage and the parties don’t seem to settle down till past 5am every night. The art of the “forro” (traditionally dance) has been taught to me several times, yet the steps still confuse me. My attempts end in laughter and jokes amongst our new fellow friends and associates.  
            Now to talk on behalf of “what I do” regarding business in Brazil. Fun is pleasure but business is business. Business exists on a Monday-Friday basis, while fun takes over from Friday at 6 till Monday at 2pm. Well here in Salvador, Brazil I work on behalf of “IFBA” to help them assist a local organization known as “ILE-AIYE”. Our job (on behalf of all 3 of us here in brazil) is to help Ile Aiye restructure there business and hopefully help to keep them financially stable and business aware. We have had 2 meetings with this organization board of directors and presidents that have lasted 3 hours each. These meetings consisted of greetings and business negotiations regarding: legal framework, marketing, revenue, and business infrastructure.  As weeks progress I will delivery updates on how the negotiations progress and where they lead to. As for now I am going to go enjoy this sunny day and waste this lovely Sunday away. Happy May 24 to all in Canada and of course “Cheers” to all my amigos and friends in St Catharines, Mount Forest and Hamilton

No comments:

Post a Comment