Type here to search...

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Blog 2 Or I should say Blog Doze


     7 days later in the world of Brazil and I still find myself in shock with the new environment that surrounds me. From late night cheers to mid day starts, my first week has concluded. 7 days of travel,work and pleasure have left me with the same smile I had on the day I arrived.  Now to put my week into a more structured format….
 The first couple days began with meeting our fellow residents in our house, fellow students at IFBA, and our landlord Fred. After this encounters we were then set off to tour the area and its beautiful sights. Google images are incomparable to the real view. The landmarks and tourist points are amazing to see and I am blessed to be able to see them in real view. My camera shy personality has not left me yet but soon I will make sure to unwrap the camera I have brought. Pictures are soon to come.
IFBA some may not know or recognize yet it is an educational institute found in the midst of Salavador,Brazil. During the day it hosts highschool students and at night it teaches post secondary students. Courses that range from Engeringing,Music,English and of course Business (they refer it as administration though). By the time Tuesday had arrived we were informed of what our daily schedule would be like. A daily 25 min bus route to IFBA daily (excluding weekends) was noted and the first couple weeks were highlighted as Portuguese,Portuguese, and Portuguese. As you can see the first thing to do was to become more familiar with the language because English isn’t very common amongst everybody. With 4 hours of Portuguese a day, the language is slowly starting to grow on me lol. But I will add, learning a language always is a stepping stone process full of headaches and the words “What was that” and “How do you say that again”.
As Friday had arrived, us Canadians were introduced to the nightlife. Lets just say I now understand the word “night-life” better in Brazil. From dancing at a fancy club to relaxing at a bar overlooking the beach, 4 am felt like 12. Yet it was not 12 lol Its hard to wake up and come to realize “I’m in Brazil” because the hospitality and the people are so welcoming and friendly, it makes it feel like home. Sunday has now arrived and as I ponder about the week that has just passed, I still feel the exicment I had the moment I stepped off the plane (which may I say, 13 hours on a plane, that’s an experience lol). As I look ahead to next week, I’d like to leave all my followers a cheers and a recommendation; if you ever get the chance to travel abroad to Brazil, take it!!! Now till next week I hope to bring photos and stories for all to read and enjoy. Goodnight Canada and Good morning brazil J Cheers….

No comments:

Post a Comment